At Ogletree Deakins, we understand that clients have choices among labour and employment counsel. Why choose Ogletree Deakins?
We represent employers.
- We represent employers of all sizes and across many industries, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
We provide coverage throughout the United States, Europe, and Mexico.
- We have 53 offices, located in 31 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and in Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
We strive to provide consistent, client-focused representation in accordance with our Client Pledge.
- Our attorneys pledge to provide our clients with value, innovation, quality, collaboration, and effective communication.
We offer rates and rate structures that meet clients’ needs
- We have representation agreements with major corporations based on alternative fee arrangements structured for their situations.
- We routinely offer tailored alternative fee arrangements to interested clients.
We are committed to diversity.
- We believe our diverse group makes us better—as lawyers, and as people.
- Our lawyers are involved in numerous diverse bar associations and programs.
We offer value-added client service.
- We provide multiple seminar programs, briefings, and webinars for our clients.
- We keep our clients updated with newsletters and e-alerts on new developments.
- We conduct client assessment surveys to assess and improve our performance.
We offer distinguished labour and employment counsel.
- We are proud that our firm was named the “Law Firm of the Year” in the Employment Law – Management category in the 2017 U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rankings.
- We have more than 225 attorneys listed in the 2018 edition of Best Lawyers.
- Our lawyers have received many other accolades for their experience in labour and employment law.
Ogletree Deakins—Employers and Lawyers, Working Together®
How We Can Help
We help employers achieve their business objectives by providing them with practical solutions to labour and employment law issues.
We are unique as a specialist labour and employment law firm with global reach. With more than 900 lawyers in 54 offices in the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Mexico, and the United States, we have the resources and the scope of coverage to assist employers with their labour and employment law needs wherever they are in the world.
We retain our focus on providing practical, commercial advice and personal service that is also cost-effective. We offer the personalised service of a boutique firm and work with employers as a partner to achieve their goals in an efficient manner.
We provide a comprehensive, end-to-end U.K. employment law service dealing with every aspect of the employment relationship from recruitment to termination and beyond, including:
- employment contracts, handbooks, and policies;
- all aspects of managing employees and employee relations;
- statutory and family leave;
- terminations and settlement agreements;
- social media;
- data protection;
- non-compete provisions and protecting confidential information; and
- employment litigation in employment tribunals and the civil courts.
Few firms operating in the U.K. have true expertise in managing employment issues outside the U.K. or on a global basis. We can manage employment matters emerging anywhere in the world including cross-border employment projects for companies that are present in or are expanding across several jurisdictions.
We deliver our services through Ogletree Deakins’ lawyers, referring where necessary to trusted affiliated lawyers in over 100 jurisdictions around the world. We actively manage clients’ projects providing them with a single point of contact so that our clients receive the advice and guidance they require in a format that best suits their needs.
Examples of our recent international work include:
- advising a global software business on a Europe-wide redundancy programme;
- producing compliant employment contracts across five jurisdictions based on a common template; and
- advising on contractual arrangements and global mobility projects involving a wide cross section of countries, including Bangladesh, Libya, Colombia, Uruguay, Venezuela, Panama and Singapore.
We provide business immigration advice for companies placing employees into the U.K. and other jurisdictions worldwide.
In the London office of Ogletree Deakins, we provide an attentive, client-focused service to our U.K. and international clients.
We strive to make our advice understandable, relevant, and focused on the action that our clients need to take to enforce or protect their legal rights, rather than write a weighty legal tome which does not help clients decide the appropriate course of action.
- working in partnership with clients to develop solutions to their labour and employment law issues;
- answering questions with clear and practical advice;
- responding promptly to client calls and requests for assistance; and
- charging a reasonable fee for the work we do at a client’s request.
If you would like to know more about how we can help you or you want to speak to us about a specific matter, please contact Simon McMenemy at email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7822 7620.
Premier client service is a firm tradition and remains
our top priority. Our attorneys pledge to:
Understand your business and objectives.
Focus on and anticipate your needs.
Collaborate to develop creative business solutions.
Communicate in a timely and effective manner.
Harness technology and innovation to better serve your interests.
Provide quality representation with exceptional value.
Why choose Ogletree Deakins?
- We represent employers.
- We offer distinguished labour and employment counsel.
- We provide coverage throughout the United States, in Europe, and in Mexico.
- We offer rates and rate structures that meet clients’ needs.
- We are committed to diversity.
- We offer value-added client service.